I am principally but not exclusively a nature photographer, and most of my work is informed by a sensitivity to nature, its gifts and its perils.
My body of work is not monolithic but can be broadly categorized as follows:
• Photography, mostly color, which expresses the extraordinary graphic designs provided by nature, or images of wildlife captured as portraits rather than simple illustrations.
• Black and white photography that conveys either the impact of nature on the works of man, or conversely the impact of man on the works of nature.
• Portraits of people in place (see the On the Street page of my on line portfolio at www.admiraltyimages.com)
• Grand prize winner (Avocet Kiss) 2009 Canon Nature in the Parks national contest
• Grand prize winner for 2D art (Adak Abandoned I), Anacortes Arts Festival 2013
• First Prize winner, juried show, Sage Gallery, Bandon Oregon 2011
• 3rd Prize winner, juried show, Parklane Gallery, Kirkland 2014
• Honorable mention Sequim Arts 2010
Accepted into multiple juried shows at
• Art Port Townsend
• Port Angeles Fine Arts Center
• Collective Visions Gallery, Bremerton
• Edmonds Arts
• Sequim Arts
Work has been published in Alaska Magazine and numerous National park guides.